Good question! First, I must provide some background:
Shortly after I graduated from college my father bestowed upon me the nickname Eggplant. I’ve come to have a love-hate relationship with this nickname:
- Did he bestow this name upon me because I was grew up to be a wonderfully curvaceous woman?
- Did he bestow this name upon me because I was overweight?
- Did he bestow this name upon me just because it was quirky and a fun way to show he loved me?
Part of me is still pissed off about being called Eggplant but part of me completely embraces the name and everything that comes with it – after all, I am a woman and women should have boobs and hips! After mulling it over for a while I decided to put my Eggplant status – the positive and the negative – to good use. Hence, ActiveEggplant!
So here’s what you need to know about ActiveEggplant:
- ActiveEggplant is a blog about becoming accountable for my health and well being.
- ActiveEggplant will cover a variety of topics about LIFE – exercise, family, work, food, pets, stress, vacations, and everything in between – as I work to maintain a healthy balance between everything.
- ActiveEggplant is NOT a food blog. You will not see pictures and a description of every meal I eat. I will occasionally mention meals that I enjoy (or hate) and will sometimes post yummy recipes though.
- You may see new posts 3 weeks straight, followed by a month of no entries at all. Even in dry spells never fear – another post will come eventually!
Now sit back and enjoy the ride!