I’m sure you’ve all seen the “11 Random Things” posts going around lately…AND NOW IT’S MY TURN thanks to Callie and Cheryl tagging me. I know, I’m SOOO late on this! But I figure it’s FRIDAY and we could all use a little light reading.
So hang on, you’re in for a wild ride…or a boring ride…depending on how you view facts about me…
What you Probably Don’t Know About Me
1. Ryan and I have two sets of wedding bands. We have the traditional “metal” bands – ours are white gold – and we also have wooden rings that were made just for us! We try to wear them least once a month to remind us that love and marriage isn’t just about flashy rings and over-the-top romance – it’s about the bond between two people and enjoying the “mundane” every day parts of life!
2. I can only wink with my right eye.
3. I used to love over easy eggs but now I can’t stand them. It’s been about 3 years now. That yolk’s gotta be broken and fully cooked for me to eat it!
4. I’ve had braces twice. Whole hog braces for 4 years when I was in 8th-11th grade and then Invisalign when I was in my late 20s. The lesson? Wear your effing retainer – and if it breaks, get it replaced.
5. I got bitten by a bug (fire ant or spider, not sure which) the day before my 1st wedding anniversary and ended up on IV antibiotics for 2 days.
That photo is 3-days post-antibiotics. My foot/ankle was so swollen before I went to the ER that you couldn’t see my ankle bones! (Thus the trip to the ER…)
6. I don’t like lima beans AT ALL. No matter how many times I’ve “tried” them again I just can’t make myself like them.
7. I’ve never seen The Princess Bride.
8. My favorite palm tree is the Foxtail Palm.
9. I didn’t have my first pedicure until I was 33 years old. Last Saturday actually!
10. I was in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in 1996 with the IUP Marching Band. I sadly don’t have any pictures of this – apparently 1996 was LONG before the digital era and there are no pictures to be found anywhere! I really did it, I promise!
11. I can’t stand the smell of cinnamon brooms. Every time I smell them I get a bit nauseous…and very stabby. There should be some kind of law against the sale of these things. Seriously.
You can find even MORE facts about me on my “About” page if I haven’t bored you too much yet!
Part of the “game” of this 11 Things meme is that the nominating/tagging bloggers make up 11 questions for the ones they tag. So here goes!
Questions From Callie
- What is your favorite go-to dinner recipe? Baked chicken breast with steamed broccoli and brown rice. Totally boring but easy, healthy and delicious.
- Where is the strangest place you’ve vacationed? Spokane, WA. I think I only consider it “strange” because it’s not really a typical destination for vacations. But that’s where Ryan’s from and we make sure we get up there every couple of years to see his family.
- Why do you blog? I started out with the goal of just tracking my progress with workouts as I embarked on a regular fitness routine. Then it started to be more about “community” and the support and encouragement we all give each other!
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in life? It sounds weird, but I think the greatest thing I’ve accomplished is actually becoming a responsible adult with a happy marriage, family & friends that I love, a roof over my head and a career that I actually enjoy!
- How do you think people would describe you? Probably loud, outgoing and fun. But I’m actually very very shy around new people.
- What motivates you to work out? Honestly, now it’s habit. But I started out with the goal of getting myself healthy so I didn’t die early like my father did.
- Who is the most famous person you have ever met? Lea Thompson from Back to the Future and Caroline in the City. I didn’t get to shake her hand or anything but she was on the float lined up in front of us at the Macy’s parade & she chatted with all of us while we were waiting for the parade to start.
- What is the first blog you read every day? The first entry under “All Items” in my Google Reader?! There are several that I “must read” each day but there’s no real “order” to it.
- In case of a fire, what is the one possession you would save? Dottie, if pets count as a possession. Otherwise my contacts and glasses – I cannot function without corrective lenses because my vision is SO bad. But if I had a few minutes to safely get out of the house I’d grab: our wedding album, my grandparent’s wedding picture, my laptop, my purse and our bikes.
- What is the ugliest piece of clothing you own that you can’t bear to get rid of? (Bonus points for a photo!) A dress that I bought at Walmart several years ago because I thought it was “just soooo cute”. I never wore the thing outside of the house – because I decided it looked awful on me – but it’s the most comfortable thing ever so I lounge around the house in it all the time now.
- What is on the top of your bucket list? Is it bad that I don’t really have a bucket list?
Questions From Cheryl
- If you could only eat one food in life, what would it be? Pizza. Hands down.
- If you could pick, what town would you live in? Ryan and I have this weird obsession with Asheville, NC…but neither of us have ever actually been there. So that could change immediately if we ever visit and end up hating the place. It should be said though that we’re PERFECTLY happy right here in Bradenton, FL!
- Salty or sweet? Salty.
- What is your current favorite blog or website? I find myself getting more and more inspired every time I read Swim, Bike, Mom.
- Do you like your pictures in black and white or color? Depends on the picture!
- What is your favorite way to exercise? Cycling! Whether its on the road, on single track, or during spin class – as long as I’m on a bike I’m a happy camper!
- The Today Show or Good Morning America? Neither? I’m too much of a night owl to ever have time to watch morning talk/news shows because I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting ready for work!
- When it’s all over, what you like most to be known for? I’d like to be known as an honest, loyal and fun person!
- Name a concert that you have always wanted to be on the front row for. New Kids on The Block…or Martin Sexton…
- How many hours of sleep is perfect for you? I think 6-7 is what works best for me.
- What is one thing you could never give up or live without? (besides your family) My cell phone. (Is that bad?)
And that’s all folks! I’m sure I’ve bored you enough.
NOW YOUR TURN: Tell me something totally random about yourself! Yep, instead of tagging anyone else I’m taking the easy way out!